Vernon James Conference Center Guidelines
1. Reservations may be made up to one year in advance. Reservations made be made via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 252.793.4428 ext. 126.
Rates are as follows:
Between Hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Monday – Friday:
For events of 50 – 100 people
$75.00* – Nonprofit/Government/Education
$100.00* – Private Business
For events of more than 100 people but less than 150
$125.00* – Nonprofit/Government/Education
$150.00* – Private Business
For events of more than 150 but no more than 200
$175.00* – Nonprofit/Government/Education)
$200.00* – Private Business
After hours and weekend rates:
$200.00* – For events of 100 people or less – Partial day (less than 6 hrs.)
$225.00* – For events of 100 people or less – Full day (more than 6 hrs.)
$250.00* – For events of 100-150 people – Partial day (less than 6 hrs.)
$275.00* – For events of 100–150 people – Full day (more than 6 hrs.)
$300.00* – For events of 150-200 people – Partial Day (less than 6 hrs.)
$350.00* – For events of 150-200 people – Full Day (more than 6 hrs.)
$425.00* – For events of 200-225 – Partial day (less than 6 hrs.)
$450.00* – For events of 200 – 225 people – Full day (more than 6 hrs.)
Capacity is limited to 225 people.
*Fees include room set-up and kitchen use to serve food for catered events. Further kitchen use, i.e. appliance use, will require an additional fee of $50.00.
**A $50.00 deposit is required when facility is reserved. This will be deducted from balance due at time of use. An additional $150.00 will be charged if building is not left in acceptable condition..
Based on order of the Fire Marshall no more than 325 people can occupy the building at one time. Seating with tables is limited to 225 people.
A $250.00 charge will be passed on to the sponsor for any fire alarm pulled. Therefore, please monitor children and youth at ALL times.
2. Signs, displays, pictures, banners or similar items are to be displayed only on a bulletin board, table or easel. Items are NOT to be attached to walls or door by ANY manner. Confetti and glitter are NOT allowed.
3. Permission must be obtained in advance for any items rented from outside vendor(s), i.e. dance floor, round tables, piano etc. No inflatables, i.e. bouncy houses etc. are permitted.
4. Buffet tables and other food serving stations are restricted to the tile floored rooms behind the meeting rooms or in the lobby. Food and drinks with dye are not to be served in the carpeted meeting rooms but may be consumed in these rooms with caution. Coffee and snacks may also be set-up in the lobby/reception area as well as other tiled floored rooms.
5. Tables will not be covered unless specifically requested. There will be an additional charge of $30.00 for disposable table covering. This is in addition to the room fee and kitchen fee.
6. Sponsor is responsible for cleaning the bathrooms, removing trash from catered meals or other sources and placing in dumpster, light sweeping and mopping if there is a spill. Sponsor will be provided one trash can liner per trash can. ADDITIONAL LINERS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED. DO NOT REMOVE FULL TRASH LINERS FROM CANS ON CARPETED AREA.
7. Smoking IS NOT allowed inside the building at any time by order of G.S. 130-493.
8. NO ONE is to tamper with or change the thermostats. There will be a charge for thermostats being changed.
9. Seating arrangements MUST BE discussed prior to the meeting. A diagram of the room is available with request form. SET UP WILL BE ACCORDING TO DIAGRAM PROVIDED/NUMBER GIVEN – A $50.00 FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR ADDITIONAL CHAIRS AND TABLES NEEDED AFTER ORIGINAL SET UP.
10. NO ALCOHOL/ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE ALLOWED ON PREMISES AT ANY TIME